Thursday, October 26, 2006

Midlife - bloody - crisis... literally

Hej å hopp!

So yes, I've definitely been contaminated by midlife crisis. LOL. And what are the obvious signs? well, what do people do? buy stupid toys? jump out of a plane? get tattoos? leave their wives and go off with someone 20 years younger?
Oh... and then there's the one regarding piercings :-) Yes, sirrreeee..... Yes, I admit, I went for it. And yes, I am (already) 26 years old. But to my defence, I have been thinking about it for the past few years. So, last monday (23rd October 2006) I walked into Harness Bodypiercing Studio (www.yazka.com) and decided to have it done... Well, the first thing the sweet young lady did was that she demanded I go eat something to get my blood sugar levels up. So I had a banana and a yoghurt. But I was still determined to do it. I had been thinking it over even more seriously during last week. Dunno why, maybe the planets were in some wierd position.
Oh, you want to know where I took it? The tongue.
So after a few deep breaths and choosing a Bioplast(tm) plasticy 'stud' (what are they called?), out came the clamps, grapped my tongue, and ZAPP it was in. Did it hurt? Well... what shold I say? A little, I mean, it was quickly over, it was kinda like a pinch. So, it doesn't hurt like pulling out wisdom teeth, but it's not as painless as.... gettin your ears pierced. So, go figure if it's for you or not. But afterwards my body had some kinda reaction cos I started to sweat really profusely. But it only took about 5-10 minutes to calm down.
So, now I'm on a no-lactose, no-alcohol diet for a few weeks (and I only just got rid of the fasting diet!!). The last few days have gone trying to get acquainted with my tongue again. I feel a bit like a cow as I'm trying to chew food without biting my tongue. Only once I got the 'stud' caught on my teeth, and OH BOY, it hurts!! cos your tongue's reflex is to pull back the tongue, which means it rips at the hole. OUCH. I'll try not to do it again :-) So that's the bloody bit. So, eating soft foods, washing out with Corsodyl (which truly tastes like shit) and trying not to sound like the campest camper, there's just a few of the challenges I'm dealing with. But it's fun. Can't wait to put a bling in there. It's a shame they don't do Svarowsky for tongues. Wouldn't that just be über-camp.
Yes, and I'm also on a no-mucous-membrane diet for a few weeks... you figure out what that means :-) It's all for the sake of not getting any infections. That would be uuuuugly.

Sorry for not informing before now, but I had to keep the suprise moment for my darling hubby. You shoulda seen his face when he saw it ;) I think he was gonna faint.

So that's what I've done. Deal with it. I just 2 years ago got rid of my ear piercing, so now I've got a new toy. :-) tee hee!

I'll try and put up some pics once I get around to it... It's just a hassle with combining old laptops, memorysticks, yadda yadda, complications... yadda yadda... crash boom bang... yadda yadda... "fucking computer" WHAM..... "oh shit, I'll just go to bed".

Well, tomorrow's Friday again. Whoodles!

No comments: