Thursday, October 05, 2006

Day 3 - advertising...

Day 3. To proove that I'm not doing this to loose weight I will have to tell you that I didn't weigh myself before starting this thing and I still haven't. :-)

Eating lunch with work colleagues is fun. I sit there with my two mugs; one with water, the other with tea. And they look at me like "you're nuts". I have to admit food does smell good. I mean, somebody today had these crepes with some meat filling. YUM.

So, one thing I usually start noticing when I'm fasting is the prominent role food plays in our lives. We are surrounded by food, if we're not eating or thinking about eating, we are bombarded with cooking programs, advertisements on tv, in newspapers, on billboards. It's mind-boggling. It's just everywhere. And I must admit, I am a sucker for advertising. I usually go "oooh, nice new product, looks interesting, must try out, I'll just go and buy it". But now I can't really do that so I can instead say "HA, you're not getting me today, I'm not gonna buy that new whipped cream, even though it has some hot model in the ad".
Of course I understand that we have to eat and cook to stay alive, but can we not make it easier for ourselves? Does somebody think that we'll suddenly forget to eat if we're not constantly reminded that we could or should be eating. :-)

That's a bit of today's rant. :-)

*cheers*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go darling gogo!!

Mitä me syödään huomenna ;)

luv u!!!!

T