Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fasting is over - back to reality

So, it's done and I'm slowly trying to normalize my diet. Small steps.

Yesterday I spent hours making an organic potato-onion-mushroom-garlic soup, which turned out pretty good. It just took forever to make. All the chopping and peeling. Cooking would be more fun if the ingredients were ready-chopped...

What I'm really looking forward to is having my first G&T in weeks. Friday should be a good time for it.

So as I have left fasting behind, the next challenge is surviving Hullut Päivät/Galna Dagar/Crazy Days at Stockmann. Yesterday I just quickly walked through it and didn't buy anything. Today I'm afraid I'm giving in to temptation and going there in the evening. Like most people, I have looked through the catalogue and circled the stuff I wanna get. We'll see what I'll drag home. I suspect the result will be either that I only get some food, or alternatively I go mad and buy shitloads of stuff. I do think their selection of stuff gets worse every year. And more expensive. It used to be a chance to get some really cheap stuff, but not so anymore.

What is it that makes us go nutz and run through stores during sales, pulling at clothes, swearing at people? It just all seems so primitive...

Hmm.. note to self, should learn how to post some pictures here :)

No comments: